Monday, January 28, 2008

Was it Beckham? The Eruption of MLS Blogs

Last year, my friends and I scoured the net for ANY MLS rumors. Giddy over our first hometown MLS Cup Championship, we were initially disappointed until piece-mealing- site by site- scraps of news (orts- fave crossword word that I must use just because I never ever have).

Now it’s quite the opposite. MLS blog sites are everywhere; it’s unfortunate the influx of these do not translate into Nielson ratings. Our site is a perfect example of this. Was it Becks that started this or was it natural Bloggo-lution?

On a humorous note, Jeff Bull cited Nutmegged on his excellent Blog, Center Holds It (kudos for the Yeats reference alone). Here are my comments to his blog:

playtherapy: I have no idea why (emphasize a southern nasal whine) your site has so little traffic, Jeff. Maybe its like one of those critically accclaimed TV shows- it’s just too damned good.

Jeff Bull's response: I don’t know how to respond to that one, but to say thanks. We’re actually doing pretty well, at least as far as I’m concerned (I think the other two dudes are happy as well). We’re not “Top of the Pops,” or anything, but I was genuinely and pleasantly surprised by the reaction Breton’s shout-out to readers post did. Thanks again for the nice stuff, though. And do check out Martek’s space. He’s a smart one.

Yep, Mr Bull, I just might check it out.

No comments: