Monday, February 11, 2008

A-League Grand Final preview


I have to admit, I have seen little of Australia's A-League, but with the Pan Pacific Championships coming up next week, I've started to pay more attention to the land of the Socceroos (easily my favorite national team nickname, though I'm still pushing the Snakes for the US MNT to apparently deaf ears so far. No matter. I shall not be denied!)

Anyway, what follows are the semifinals from this past weekend. Brisbane's own mad philosopher Hamish over at Football Down Under and Beyond was kind enough to provide the link to the first clip below, the Queensland Roar's win over Sydney FC (who Dynamo will see in Hawaii next week) and the other is the Central Coast Mariners' 3-0 win over the Newcastle Jets. Check out the amazing shot from the Roar's Brazilian striker Reinaldo (who may be coming to Real Salt Lake) in the first goal against Sydney. All class.



No comments: