Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hey Paco, what did Frankie Hejduk ever do to you?



Here's video of Mexico assistant coach (and former future head coach?) slapping Frankie Hejduk in the tunnel after the game last night. CONCACAF should force him to sit out the next game over at Rafa Marquez' house.

UPDATE: Got this from Off the Post about what really happened:

The way Hejduk tells it, Paco Ramirez took exception to his post-match celebrations. He said: “I was just trying to pump the crowd up. I was actually saying, ‘F*** yeah!’ I think they thought I was saying, ‘F*** you.’ It was a misunderstanding and I can see why they would be a little bit upset if they thought I was saying the other one, which I wasn’t.

“At the end of the day, no one was hurt. There was a little love tap and that was it. I still have my face. No damage done. It was fun. That’s just how emotional this game is and that’s how passionate they are about their sport. It was none of their players - I want to make that clear to everyone.”

No comments: